- 07/26 Newly discovered viola impromptu by Shostakovich
- 07/02 Vasily Petrenko: New Music Director of the RPO in 2021
- 06/16 The conductor Gennady Rozhdestvensky has died
- 06/05 Acoustic evolution of old Italian violins from Amati to Stradivari
- 04/14 Jean-Claude Malgoire died at the age of 77
- 04/13 Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony needs speeding up by 20 minutes, claims conductor
- 03/29 BBC NOW/Van Steen review – dynamic showcase of young Welsh composers
- 03/08 Composer John Williams to Bequeath His Life Work to The Juilliard School Library
- 03/02 Daniil Trifonov and His Teacher Dazzle With Dual Virtuosity
- 02/18 Hear How ‘Mozart in the Jungle’ Became a Music Showcase
- 02/02 François Girard’s production of Wagner’s “Parsifal” - Watch the Met Opera Stage a Sea of Blood
- 01/28 Barbara Hannigan leads list of Grammy Awards' classical winners
- 01/19 Meet the New Generation Leading Berlin’s Classical Scene
- 01/02 How Mongolia went wild for opera
- 12/15 Alison Balsom named as new Cheltenham Music Festival boss
- 11/27 100 Years Of Bernstein With Gianandrea Noseda
- 11/22 Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Silver-Maned Baritone From Siberia, Dies at 55
- 11/07 This cello was played in the trenches of the First World War
- 10/19 Philip Glass Reveals His Love for the Cello
- 10/10 New York Architects Chosen for Major New London Concert Hall
- 09/22 Pianist is composing classical music from irregular heartbeats, to help diagnose patients
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
phone: (919) 556-5178
fax: (919) 556-9273
TheClassicalStation.org Honors Jewish High Holy Days
WCPE offers Special Programming for Yom Kippur
WAKE FOREST, N.C. (September 8, 2013) — Friday evening, September 13, at 6 p.m. ET, WCPE presents a Yom Kippur Special to observe the Judaic New Year as prescribed in the Biblical Book of Numbers. From the beginning of Rosh Hashanah through Yom Kippur - the Day of Atonement - the mood, music and liturgy call for a somber, penitential introspection, both individually and as a community. Join WCPE at 6 p.m. ET on Friday, September 13 for one of Judaism's High Holy Days.
“We'll feature performances by the Zemel Choir of London, the Western Wind Vocal Ensemble and cellist Janos Starker,” offers WCPE Music Director William Woltz.
WCPE will air a repeat performance of the program at 2 p.m. on Saturday, September 14.
The Great Classical Music offered by WCPE transcends belief systems, being crafted by artists from all traditions, and listened to by a global audience reflective of the world’s diversity. Found throughout WCPE’s programming are the traditions of people from all walks of life.
WCPE’s 24/7 live broadcast of Great Classical Music, 24 Hours A Day can be accessed by military and foreign service personnel around the globe in several ways; on-line streaming in multiple formats, including IPv6, small dish home satellite reception, local cable television systems and traditional radio broadcasting. A complete list of the ways WCPE is available with instructions for cable and satellite reception can be found at: http://theclassicalstation.org/listen.shtml.
With a 33 plus year history, WCPE 89.7 FM is a non-commercial, 100 percent listener-supported, independent station dedicated to excellence in Great Classical Music broadcasting. WCPE is heard worldwide on the Internet in multiple formats, including the next generation IPv6. Because WCPE receives no tax-derived support, the station conducts two on-air fundraising campaigns and two major mail-out campaigns per year to raise needed operating funds. For more information, visit www.TheClassicalStation.org or call 919-556-5178.
↑ Back to Top